Day 15 Down and I’m Feeling Like a Million Bucks!
I have to say I was pretty skeptical about hot/bikram yoga going into it because I’ve heard so many crazy anecdotes of the healing nature of the practice…I was finding it hard to believe. But now that I’ve been practicing in a hot room for about 3-4 months, I really think that there is some truth to the stories. I’ve never quite felt the way I have over the past couple months, especially very recently with my intense focus on Bikram. There aren’t many things I’ve come across that are potentially life changing but I have to say with all honesty that this practice could be one of those things!
So What Has Happened Thus Far On The Yoga Train?
– I’m eating healthier.
– I’ve been meeting very cool people I wouldn’t have met otherwise
– I never set an alarm and I don’t need as much sleep
– I’ve gained a deeper understanding of my spirituality
– My respiratory issues seem to have improved
– I’ve developed an understanding of the importance of meditation (Although, I have a LOT of work to do here, I’m basically at square 1)
– I’ve begun to learn how to crush my ego and why this is important for living a stress free life
I hope to address each of these bullets in depth in future posts. They all have very important implications and deserve a lot of attention.