The base (these are foods I almost always use in my smoothie):
– Either Kale or Spinach. I think spinach tastes a little better and usually results in a more liquified smoothie (i.e. less lumpiness). But Kale probably contains more nutrients. A good alternative is baby Kale.
– Soy Milk/Hemp Milk/Almond Milk. Sometimes I like to switch it up!
– Something Citrus. This is key I think because it cuts the flavor of the veggies and it feels like you are eating an all fruit smoothie. My go-tos are pineapple, grapefruit, or oranges.
– Ginger. Because ginger rocks.
– Frozen Berries. Anti-oxidants yo!
– Amazing Grass GreenSuperfood. You never know what micro-nutrients you’re missing out on.
– Whey Protein. Veggie protein is great, but I think its good to supplement.